04/03/2010

HENRY TILNEY - THE HERO OF NORTHANGER ABBEY


Re-reading Northanger Abbey has been such a pleasure. I was smiling all the time. Incredible witty Austen made the miracle, again. And it's not my first time! Today, getting ready to the next meeting ( Saturday, 6th March ) of my Jane Austen Book Club, I've searched the Net for materials about Henry Tilney, the male protagonist in the novel,  and I've posted some reflections and quotations on my Austen dedicated page. You'll find also several screencaps from ITV 2007 adaptation of the novel, recently braodcast on PBS Masterpiece Classic, starring Felicity Jones and J.J. Feild (some of which are mine).



4 comments:

Mary Gray said...

I haven't read the book yet but I liked the actor who played Henry in this version. I hope your club goes well!

Alexa Adams said...

Henry Tilney, after Mr. Darcy, is my favorite Austen hero. I love his dry humor. Northanger Abbey is, in my opinion, Austen's funniest novel and I think it sadly overlooked. My favorite part is when Elinor and Catherine have their misunderstanding about the "horrid" event about to take place in London.

Luciana said...

Henry Tilney es un personaje que me resulta muy agradable y simpático. Parece un joven con buen carácter y buenos sentimientos.
JJ Field lo personificó como me lo imaginaba.

Luciana said...

Henry Tilney is adorable! I totally fell in love with him when I read the book!