Every wine aficionado has favorite cache of tools, so I thought I’d share mine on this stop on The Winemakers
novel tour, though none of the high-tech gadgets were available in the 1920s or 1950s when the story takes place. I’ve had my share of frustrating moments wrangling corks and fishing floaters from fine wine, or stashing and rotating white wine in the freezer for a quick chill. With these implements, those trials are a thing of the past.
1. The Vertical Rabbit wine bottle opener, fast and easy, and lovely in red
2. Soft-sided wine botas for the beach, such as GSI Outdoors Soft Sided Wine Carafe
3. Vinnebago or Corkcicle chilled wine holders, great for poolside
4. Wine gems or wine pearls to freeze for pretty, ice-free instant chilled whites
5. Erasable wine pens, such as Schmancy pens, to label guest wine glasses
6. Coravin for those who like to savor one fine glass with dinner, and that’s all