18/12/2009

RA PHOTO FRIDAY : THE UNFORGETTABLE ONES

Unforgettable  lines from Richard Armitage's most popular works

1. NORTH AND SOUTH

"LOOK BACK AT ME!"



( ... )
Sorry, I know there is no line spoken here but...isn't it unforgettable?


"COME HOME WITH ME!?!"

2. THE GOLDEN HOUR

 "THAT IS CHEATING!"

3. ROBIN HOOD


(SERIES  1)
"AND WHAT ABOUT ME? WILL ... YOU ... MARRY... ME?"



(SERIES 2)

"YOU OVERESTIMATE YOURSELF. I HAD FEELINGS FOR YOU ... BUT NOW I FEEL NOTHING"


(SERIES 3)

"I'LL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS. I CAN'T FORGIVE MYSELF!"


4. VICAR OF DIBLEY


"... YOU WOULD IN FACT OWE ME THE SUM OF ... ONE KISS ... WITH TONGUES!"

5. SPOOKS 7



"DUM SPIRO SPERO"



"WHAT IF IT HAD BEEN FIVE YEARS? FOUR YEARS? TWO? WHAT CONVERSATION WOULD WE BE HAVING NOW?"


6. MOVING ON - DROWNING NOT WAVING





"LISTEN. I MAY BE THE ONE IN A PRISON CELL BUT, AT LEAST,  I SLEEP ALL RIGHT..."

7. SPOOKS 8


  "BLOODY INTERNET! "





"NOW, HOW ABOUT SOME BREAKFAST?"



"TAKE ME WITH YOU"

These ones above are my favourite, of course. What are your unforgettable ones?

11 comments:

Mary Gray said...

Sorry I don't have a new one, but I love this one:

"WHAT IF IT HAD BEEN FIVE YEARS? FOUR YEARS? TWO? WHAT CONVERSATION WOULD WE BE HAVING NOW?"

Now I just need to see this movie.

Anonymous said...

Great post, MG!
As for N&S, I'd suggest a line for the second pic, well, in fact somewhere before the actual pic: "YOU DON'T NEED HENRY TO EXPLAIN"
...and how to forget the "OVERBEARING MASTER" line?
In RH 1 my favorite is "DO NOT SIRGUY ME!", plus "BEG!", and "FETCH" of course, in ser. 2.
My ser. 3 fave is "I LIVE IN HELL", but I could think of a couple more, I just need a re-watch ;-)
Not sure about Spooks, I'll be back :-D
Buona notte,
xx Mrs_KB

Stephanie Allen said...

I just watched North & South earlier this week. I definitely liked the "Look back at me" line!

mulubinba said...

Harry quoting Far from the Madding Crowd to Geraldine on the eve of their wedding:

"AT HOME WHENEVER I LOOK UP THERE WILL BE YOU, AND WHENEVER YOU LOOK UP THERE SHALL I BE". Harry finishes by standing up and placing his hand on her cheek.

(He said these lines beautifully, I thought).

Nice idea for photo Friday.

Maria Grazia said...

@ M.Gray, Stephanie
Thanks for commenting, you've been very kind. And, Stephanie, did you just see N&S earlier this week for the first time? Did you like it? It is one of my favorourite period dramas ever! @MsKarenBlixen
You gave me great suggestions for ... THE UNFORGETTABLE ONES - PART II! Thank you!

Maria Grazia said...

@Mulubinba
How could I forget that one! I just love it! It is sooo romantic. Do you know what? I'll add it to my THE UNFORGETTABLE ONES - PART II Any other suggestion?

Mo said...

I need to wait for the DVD

Anonymous said...

@MG: Any other suggestion, MG? You know your chicken ;-P
Can't believe nobody mentioned John Thornton's "I don't want to possess you! I wish to marry you because I love you!": AWWWWWWW!!!!
And what about: "I DO understand. I understand you completely"? I'll add a couple of favourites of mine: "It was her brother!" and "A-NI-MAL" :D
As for VoD, I love Harry's line about girls wearing uniforms (can't remember the exact words now) but I like the WAY he utters it (AWWWWW again ;-)
GoG in the 3rd series, I was thinking of the episode with Meg: again, can't remember the words precisely, but there are some memorable quotes in the prison scene, I'm sure (did I already say 'AWWWWW'? ;-)

Maria Grazia said...

@MrsKarenBlixen
Maybe I should prepare even a Part III!

Dira said...

Hi there, Maria. I watched North & South a few weeks ago and I was completely blown away by Richard Armitage. His 'Look back at me!' line was definitely one of my favourites. I can't believe it took me this long to discover him. Your blog is amazing, by the way. Regards. :)

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

You pretty much nailed all the best! :)
I loved the "Will...you... marry... me?" moment!