04/12/2009

RA PHOTO FRIDAY - RICHARD IN LEATHER

There has been so much hue and cry for this scene in Spooks 8 episode 5 since Lucas North was wearing a black leather jacket . He was trying to play a trick on the Americans (CIA) disguised as a courier.  We hadn't seen Richard in leather since Robin Hood series 2. And since Sir Guy left us forever we have been missing him so much! But I don't particularly like Lucas's  leather biker jacket. Too big? Too stiff?




I read many comments referring to this scene as a quotation of Gisborne, especially when Lucas takes one of his gloves  off like this ...



To be honest , yes, this is one of Guy's typical gestures, but I can see very little Guy in this handsome in-leather courier. He reminds me of Ricky Deeming, instead.  A lot. Do you remember him? ( from George Gently)







I particularly love other "leather moments" in Richard's career. What about these ones below?




Dr Alec Track in a gorgeous black leather jacket and jeans at the pub




Sweet Harry J. Kennedy tenderly looking at Geraldine on their first date or



...  kissing her for the first time in a very trendy brown leather jacket and jeans.

 I didn't remember that , early in his career , Richard was already wearing leather in BBC Doctors . But , thanks to Plylly, here he is . It was 2001 and he was playing Dr Tom Steele, arrogant and lazy, in a dark leather jacket again!






We shouldn't forget this elegant upper- class gentleman above here either: Philip Turner,  from Inspector Linley Mysteries (Divine Proportion), since he is also showing off a very British look in his leather jacket.


But Richard in leather is , for all of us  and forever,  HIM... the only true  in- leather charming hero...






SIR GUY OF GISBORNE!


P.S. TONIGHT SPOOKS 8 EPISODE 6 IS ON BBC 3!


ENJOY IT!

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is too fun. I love Richard Armitage, so seeing your posts is great!

Luciana said...

If someone looks good in leather, it's RA. But, as you said, Guy will always be the best in leather!

mulubinba said...

I confess to having a soft spot for Ricky Deeming and the lovely Harry Kennedy. Beautiful photo Friday! (Was anyone a little disappointed the costume designers got rid of most of the leather in Series 3 of Robin Hood? I love his Dryzabone coat in S1 and 2).

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely selection of RA in leather: I have a soft spot for Ricky Deeming, too, but my heart belongs to Sir "I-look-gorgeous-in-leather" Guy of Gisborne, R.I.P. Sigh!

Phylly3 said...

The Gisborne pix are very droolworthy (of course) but I love the Harry pix from VoD. And thanks for the Dr. Alex Track one from the Golden Hour. That is a special one! I sent you another picture from another series, hope you can use it!

Unknown said...

I really love all of these pictures...so thanks for getting my Monday off to a good start.