10/12/2009

THURSDAY MISCELLANEOUS POSTING

Hello there! Have you ever had the impression of drowning under the burden of your tasks? Here I am. I'm drowning under a sea of paper(s), my students' papers and I just need a break. I've been neglecting reading and blogging in the last hours but it was unavoidable...duty comes first! As my break must be very brief,  let's go directly to the point or points. What has happened in the blogosphere (in my little corner of it) which I can tell you?


1. My Book Blogger Holiday Swap parcel got to its destination, in Denmark and I'm glad to introduce you a new blogger buddie I've just found thanks to this blogoevent: Louise, who lives  in Copenhagen and has a nice book blog.  It's called  LOUS_PAGES and she has posted about my gifts as soon as she received them. Here's her post  CLICK
and here's the photo (on the right) she took of what she got from me! Louise sounded so surprised and glad to receive my little presents ... It's always such a joy to give ... more than to receive . Actually, honest. I'm not someone who loves celebrations ( Christmas, weddings, parties, anniversaries...) or great events. As I usually say, my favourite days are ordinary days, when you are not too busy and  have nothing special to do. You can relax and enjoy each moment without any official or public event taking place (for example, summer days). But these little joys or surprises (like giving or receiving small gifts) are something I can really appreciate. I'm happy I've "met" Louise and her blog, for instance.

2.  I've recently added a new reading challenge to my plans for 2010, the WISH I HAD READ THAT challenge. I mean it, I really wish I had read so many books I haven't read so far. My list is ... endless ... I'll try to reduce it a bit... well ... let's say A LOT!
This challenge is hosted at ROYAL REVIEWS , among many others, and is for all those books you wish you'd read. It might be Pride and Prejudice, War and Peace, a Nora Roberts Romantic Suspense, the Outlander series or a childhood classic Winnie the Pooh. I have a very long list of books that I've been wanting to read for years, not to mention the list of books I've added to it since I've been blogging. These don't have to be books you currently own, you can buy them, borrow them or beg for them. This is a great challenge for getting those TBR piles reduced. So go have a look at what you might read and challenge yourself.

Challenge Guidelines:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:

-- Curious – Read 3 books.
-- Fascinated – Read 6 books.
-- Addicted – Read 12 books.
-- Obsessed – Read 20 books.

I've chosen "the middle way" - it's always better!  FASCINATED then, 6 books!

3. Any book format counts.

4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

STILL CHOOSING ...

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

OK. There's plenty of time!

Do you want to join us? Click on the link HERE.

3. This week I added a survey to my right sidebar.

I usually visit FLY HIGH! for ...
and the results were.....

its book reviews                 (17%)
period drama reviews         (26%)
Richard Armitage posts      (13%)
all of the above                   (73%)


(this is me according to a poll at Nat's RaFan Blog)
Thanks to all of you who answered the survey. It seems most of the voters suggested me  to go on blogging on all the things I love, that is period drama (films & TV series) , books (especially classics)  and Richard Armitage, of course! So... I'll keep on going this way...till a new passion comes along!



No comments: