05/07/2009

EVERYTHING AUSTEN CHALLENGE


Well, if you know me just a bit, you can understand I couldn't resist. I've read about this challenge in several of my favourite blogs and I must join it! For instance, I read about in ENCHANTED BY JOSEPHINE and AUSTENPROSE. Everything started from STEPHANIE'S WRITTEN WORD and lots of Austenettes have promptly "enlisted".

What is this challenge in detail?

The Everything Austen Challenge will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)! All you need to do is pick out what six Austen-themed things you want to finish to complete the challenge.

HERE IS MY LIST:

To be read

  • Sanditon - J. Austen unfinished work completed by Juliette Shapiro

  • The Works of Jane Austen: Minor Works

  • Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
Comparative watching of ...
  • Sense and Sensibility (1995 and 2008)

  • Mansfield Park (1999 and 2007)

  • Emma (1972, 1996 film version and ITV1996 series )
DO YOU WANT TO TAKE PART IN THE CHALLENGE?
CLICK ON THE IMAGE HERE AND READ ABOUT THE DETAILS .

I'll post once a month about the items in my list. In July I'm starting reading SANDITON. It'll be fun. I'm sure of that.

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library" . Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, 1811






8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you have joined my challenge!! By the way, I LOVE RIchard Armitage and didn't know he is in a british tv series - lucky you!!

Lucy said...

Oh Yippee! I'll be looking forward to your posts on this too! I almost picked Sandition as my read as well...and for my sixth pick I think I will change it to 'The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen'. Welcome aboard:)

Elvira said...

I'm a fan of Jane Austen's most famous novels, but last year I started Lady Susan and I didn't finish it!!!

Ciao!

Maria Grazia said...

@Stephanie
THANK YOU for the wonderful occasion you gave us all! Richard Armitage was on TV (BBC daytime) in the 3rd episode of this series but also as Guy of Gisborne in the third season of ROBIN HOOD. I'm not lucky, though. I have to buy DVDs or search for clips in the Net if I want to see him. I live in Italy!
@Ms Lucy
I have to thank you, too, Lucy! I've taken part in the challenge also thanks to your blog. So, we could compare our impressions on SANDITON, it seems... Till very soon, then.
@Elvira
What do you mean, E.? That my attempt to read Jane Austen's Minor Works will end up in a failure? Let's see...That book has been waiting on a bookshelf for so long! Now it's time to dust and read it.
Hugs to the three of you. THANKS AGAIN!

Elvira said...

I only mean I didn't like it, as I said. Maybe you will, of course.

lunarossa said...

Thanks for posting this, MG. Great idea. I'm thinking of joining as well, when I've got a bit of time to read through and understand how all this works! I'm hopeless with blogging! Ciao. A.

vvb32 reads said...

I'm curious about Sandition. I look forward to reading your review on it.

Maria Grazia said...

@vvb32reads
You'll be welcome, of course! Thanks for dropping by!