25/05/2010

MY JA BOOK CLUB - THOUGHTS ON EMMA & A WEB COMEDY FOR JA ADDICTS


4 days to go. Next Saturday afternoon , I will be discussing Emma at our reading club's 5th meeting. The more I read it, the more I like it. I know most readers prefer Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility, but I also know many critics generally regard Emma as Austen's most carefully crafted or skillfully written novel. So I do not feel lonely in my sympathy for Miss Woodhouse and her story, though I'm not a scholar or a critic. (Go on reading at MY JA BOOK CLUB)



Have you heard of a web comedy based on Jane Austen fan fiction? Sex and The Austen Girl. Two episodes have already been posted. Have a look at my blogspost presenting the series HERE.

1 comment:

Phylly3 said...

Hi MG:
I had a look at the website for "Sex and the Austen Girl" and it looks very intriguing but I couldn't get it to load the second episode. It was so slow and kept reloading so I gave up on it finally, unfortunately.
I read one of those books and really liked it, (can't remember which one) and then I tried another similar idea, and didn't like it as well. It was awhile ago, so I couldn't tell you much more than that.
The miniseries "Lost in Austen" was very well done though. I enjoyed that very much.
I don't seem to get tired of that theme!