17/11/2009

ALL ABOUT THE BRONTES : A NEW CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR

I'm going to wrap -up the two challenges I've been involved in in 2009 and I'm a bit sad because they have been motivating, stimulating and great fun. Challenges can really bright up ordinary blogging and make it much more exciting.

THE EVERYTHING AUSTEN CHALLENGE ( hosted by STEPHANIE'S WRITTEN WORD) is  only one step from the final goal, just one task  missing : MANSFIELD PARK (comparing different adaptations). You can see my posts for this challenge clicking on the links in the right column.


For THE PERIOD DRAMA CHALLENGE, I've completed my tasks for the section THROUGH THE CENTURIES and h ave almost finished with VICTORIAN MIST too ( just two reviews, and I'm working on one these days)
See my LIST OF TASKS in the right column.

Now at LAURA'S REVIEWS I've just found a new challenge for 2010 which I couldn't miss:



Challenge Details


1. The All About the Brontes challenge will run from January 1st to June 30, 2010.
2. You can read a book, watch a movie, listen to an audiobook, anything Bronte related that you would like. Reading, watching, or listening to a favorite Bronte related item again for the second, third, or more time is also allowed.

3. The goal will be to read, watch, listen, to 3 to 6 (or beyond) anything Bronte items.

4. You can sign-up by posting your blog entry on the number of items and what items you would like to do for this challenge  in Mr. Linky. Don't worry, you can do different things than you have listed.

Now my problem is ... I've already posted several times about the Brontes and their works on FLY HIGH! in the last months and I usually like to choose new tasks and read or watch new stuff for my challenges ...
My Brontes based posts are:

1. SHIRLEY, CHARLOTTE BRONTE'S HISTORICAL NOVEL

2. A WUTHERING WEEKEND

3.THE TENANT OF WILDFELL HALL by ANNE BRONTE

4. AGNES GREY by ANNE BRONTE

What have I not read yet? What could I choose for my new challenge? Here's my 6-task list for now. Let's see if I can stick with it. I'll start posting in January 2010 so I have time to change my mind before that date. But I like it very much so, maybe, it won't change.

1. Re-watching Jane Eyre

comparative watching : Zeffirelli’s Movie 1996 / BBC 2006 Adaptation

2. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
Review of the book (first reading)

3. The Professor by Charlotte Bronte
Review of the book (first reading)

4. Gothic Brontes

5. BBC Sparkhouse: a reverse & modern version of Wuthering Heights?
(re-watching and comparing the characters with the original)

6. The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Review of the book (first reading)

Do you like the Brontes? Do you want to sign-up? Follow the links in this post and join the fun!

8 comments:

Avalon said...

Have you seen Rebecca?

I like the Arthurian challenge.

Maria Grazia said...

I've seen Rebecca on Italian TV.As for the Arthurian challenge ...Interesting!

Laura's Reviews said...

Great list! I especially like how you are going to compare different versions of the movies. I look forward to reading your reviews!

Lotta Dahl said...

I miss your posts. Been away a few weeks and finally have a comp at my disposal again. I love the new RA pics, have to catch up on Spooks!

Maria Grazia said...

@Jenny Kerr
Welcome back! I missed you too! You can't miss Spooks 8, it's great. Next episode must be so exciting... I'll wait for your comments. Till very soon, then!

Judy said...

I love the Brontes and look forward to reading your reviews! I'm sure you will like Villette - sometimes I think I like it just as much as Jane Eyre. I wish someone would adapt Villette for the screen instead of filming JE for the ten millionth time!

Maria Grazia said...

@Judy
You're perfectly right,J. I've just read they planning a new JE on your blog and ... it's time they try something new!I've never read the novels I've put in my list , otherwise the challenge wouldn't be so ... challinging! Thanks for passing by!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait till the Bronte challenge begins - I think it's going to be so much fun!